Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Outlook without Act email editor

Tuned Listener

Using Outlook without Act email editor

I would like to use outlook and have it automatically link all of my outbound emails to their respective contacts when I send it.  Right now, I have to have th ACT email editor open and send email through it and then click send/receive with outlook, which is also open.  Is there a way to run it without having both email programs open?

Silver Contributor

Re: Using Outlook without Act email editor

It depends on your version of ACT, but for at least the last few versions of ACT, you can go to tools preferences and email and choose to use either the ACT email editor or Outlook
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Do you have to have outlook open in order to send and receive emails in ACT? I am trying to avoid having both open, but when I do not have outlook open, it puts all my emails that I send into the "Outbox" folder until I open Outlook and send/recieve.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello digiquest,
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. If you are using the ACT! Email Editor in conjunction with Outlook, you do need to have Outlook open and when sending a message via ACT! Email, you will need to click Send/Receive in Outlook in order for the message to process. This is why we recommend direct integration with Outlook instead of using the ACT! Email Editor.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.