Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Lookup throws an error

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Using Lookup throws an error

A strange one …

When using the Lookup option Act! randomly throws this message on one user only. Database is shared by 6 users. Act! v18 Premium.

Capture.PNG

Glenn Lye
glye@crmdata.co.uk
07827 643672

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author crmdata
‎06-05-2018 10:57 AM
Administrator

Re: Using Lookup throws an error

If you log in to the same users PC/installation but as a different username do you still get the issue?

Could this user have some private records that may have been corrupted that only they can see?

I'd recommend doing a database maintenance check/repair - log in as an administrator and start this from the Tools > Database Maintenance menu.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author crmdata
‎06-05-2018 10:57 AM
Administrator

If you log in to the same users PC/installation but as a different username do you still get the issue?

Could this user have some private records that may have been corrupted that only they can see?

I'd recommend doing a database maintenance check/repair - log in as an administrator and start this from the Tools > Database Maintenance menu.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Hello CRMDATA...

sometimes the error message (the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable)  comes from a damaged hard drive or damaged external storage unit.

I hope you have been frequently making database backup - and that for more security you have placed a copy of that ZIP file in an external memory

Maybe you need the help of an expert in hard drive revision and repair.

check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system - CHKDSK command line in CMD... Or... In some special cases, Chkdsk might not work as well as expected. When it happens, you can try EaseUS partition tool to do the job.

Good luck and remember that I suggest look for the experience of a technician specialized in Hard Disk Review

PRAXI SOLUTIONS INC (CRM and FSM Solutions)
contactus@praxisol.com
customercare@praxisol.com
https://www.praxisol.com/solutions