Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Email Templates

Using Email Templates

I have two license for Act 2007 (9.0) using Outlook 2003 as my email program. I am able to create emails from the Contact Detail screen using the "Write" "Email Message (from template)" tabs from the 2 desktop computers in my office, one of which is the main database. However if I try this from my laptop which is a remote database which is synced to the main desktop I receive the following error message in a Microsoft Internet Explorer window "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." I know this is probably due to a setting that is wrong somewhere. Has anyone seen this problem and if so what is the fix. Thanks
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Using Email Templates

On the machine that works, in Internet Explorer go to Tools | Internet Option and take note of the settings there, in particular the
security and privacy tabs.Try setting the other system the same as the working system.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Platinum Elite Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Using Email Templates

Go into edit your template:

Write Edit template

In word go to  Tools > Templates and addins
Go onto the smart tags tab and click remove smart tags, ok.
Save the template and try again.

I would not mess with my own active x settings like it mentions in the article, they are there for a reason, to protect you.