Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Act 2010 Database on a loaner laptop

Using Act 2010 Database on a loaner laptop

I have to send my computer in to the manufacturer for repairs/replacement.  I have an extra laptop that I will be using in the meantime and need to be able to access my database.  What do I need to do to make this happen?  Thanks for your help,

Bronze Contributor

Re: Using Act 2010 Database on a loaner laptop

Use the ACT backup to make a backup of your db with attachments.

Load ACT on your temp notebook

Restore AS the zipped file

You will need to do this in reverse when your repaired notebook returns.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

I am having trouble with the last step restore as.  I have loaded Act and clicked on File Restore and found the zip file on the C: drive and click on open and it then goes to a share folder, then several other folders but doesn't seem to find what it needs and doesn't open.  I will try and repeat all of the step again in the meantime.  Please advise.  Thanks,

Platinum Elite Contributor

Make sure you choose the "Restore As" option. When looking for the backup, look for the .zip file wherever you copied it to your hard drive. If it is on a flash drive or other external drive, copy it to your hard drive and restore it from there (not advised you restore it directly from external drive).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.