Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Act! 2009 or 2010 together with 8.0?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Using Act! 2009 or 2010 together with 8.0?

[ Edited ]

Hello Act! Community!

After reading some messages about Act! 8.0 and not being able to install it under Windows 7 I still have a question. I hope someone out here understands the problem and can give some helpful information. We have Act! 8.0 up and running on 30 or so PC's and laptops.

Every new PC we bought we've downgraded to XP to be able to keep using Act!. But eventually this option will run out. So what to do when we buy the first Windows 7 PC that is no longer downgradable? Do we have to upgrade all other PC's to Windows 7 and buy Act! 2010 licenses for all PC's together along?

Or is it possible to install a new database and work with 8.0 and 2010 together in the same network thus being able to change a PC to windows 7 when it is time to replace the whole machine anyway?

It would save us a huge investment if we could spread it over a few years.

I hope I described the problem clear enough and of course, if there are other solutions I'd like to hear them too.

Thanks,

Renato

Nieuwkuijk, The Netherlands

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author R.Andrean
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Using Act! 2009 or 2010 together with 8.0?

The only real option is to upgrade all the ACT! 2006 (8.0) systems together.

With that number of users, I'd always advice purchasing the Upgrade Insurance to prevent difficulties like this

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author R.Andrean
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Using Act! 2009 or 2010 together with 8.0?

The only real option is to upgrade all the ACT! 2006 (8.0) systems together.

With that number of users, I'd always advice purchasing the Upgrade Insurance to prevent difficulties like this