Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Act! 2009 for chiropractor patient tracking

Copper Contributor

Using Act! 2009 for chiropractor patient tracking

I have a friend who bought Act! and wants me to set it up for him.  He is a chiropractor and wants to use Act! to keep track of patient conditions and treatment.  ie entering the symptoms, treatments, progress of each patient and being able to do a search to find all patients with back problems or neck problems, etc.  At first I said Act! is not intended for that use, but then I noticed it said on the box "Customer Manager" and "Customize to fit your Business Needs" so maybe it is not unheard of to use it like this.  I know there are (very expensive) programs designed specifically for that use, but he want to use Act! for its contact management capabilities also.

So my question is, is it feasible to use Act! like this, and is there any "customization" I should do when setting it up for him?

Thanks

Re: Using Act! 2009 for chiropractor patient tracking

You can create custom fields and customize the layout to fit around your friend's chiropractor business.  Here are a couple knowledgebase articles to get you started.

How To Manage Fields in ACT!

Designing Layouts in ACT!

Copper Contributor

OK thanks for the info.
Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm actually looking at possibly doing the same for a Chiro friend of mine... maybe we should share some ideas?
Copper Contributor

I'm open to that. He is not real clear yet on what he wants to do.  I just left him a message to try to get more info from him on exactly what he wants to track.

So far he has said he wants to be able to enter information on the condition that a patient is being treated for, as well as what treatments he has tried for them.  So I guess for that he will need two custom fields, or custom tabs on the bottom of the Contact View.  Then he wants to be able to search all his patients for both of those parameters, and track progress.

Thanks

Vince

Platinum Elite Contributor

I've sent my details via a Private Message - icon near the top on the right of these Community site pages