Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using ACT in Construction

Using ACT in Construction

In the construction business we employ Masterspec or CSI to list various subcontractors and suppliers.  There are 16 main divisions with almost unlimited subdivisions in between.  Are there any general contractors out there currently using act to maintain a vendor data base (incorporating division names/numbers?

Re: Using ACT in Construction

We setup a database for a contractor.  It has what you are looking for and the client data also.

Thanks for your response.  Pardon my seeming ignorance in this matter but, is the database set up in ACT?  If not, what software?  I would very much like to discuss this matter further with you.  You can reach me at 337-898-1870 or duanedavidson@hotmail.com.

It is not Masterspec which is a commerically available master specification system.

It is MasterFormat which is classification system created and maintained by CSI with a primary purpose of organizing project manuals.

The latest version is 2004 which expanded from the 16 divisions to 50 divisions to better accomodate the expanding subject manner and to be able to accomodate expansion of subjects in the future without a major reorganization of the format.

Copper Contributor

Duane, I am in the construction industry.  Excuse my ignorance, but Im curious why you want to apply this system into Act!  What are you trying to acheive?

Jef

My goal is to be able to categorize by division/subdivision number and description all our vendors.  That way, we can click/select those we wish to invite to bid on projects and/or to advise them of addenda.  We'd also like to save the lists to use as templates for similar projects to bid.