Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using ACT Pro and keep getting this message: Error: controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread

Using ACT Pro and keep getting this message: Error: controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread

[ Edited ]

I've done a check and repair countless times. It keeps saying that it's fixed the problem, but it hasn't.

The program seems to be working normally, butI can't do a backup because of this error.

Any tips on what I can do?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Using ACT Pro and keep getting this message: Error: controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread

You probably have an addon that isn't working properly.  I would try removing them one at a time until you find the one casuing the problem and then get in touch with the developer.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Re: Using ACT Pro and keep getting this message: Error: controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the input.

I don't have any add-ons that I'm aware of. I'm a one-person company and the only one using ACT. I installed it myself and do not recall ever installing any add-ons/plug-ins.

Silver Super Contributor

If you don't have any addons I would try deleting the Act! Preferences.  The easiest way to do it is with the actdiag tool.  Once you launch actdiag you can delete preferences from the Tools menu.  Good luck!

Stan 

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Stan - Thanks for the tip. I did it and am still getting the error message.

Gotta say that I love my ACT, but, when things go wrong, they just don't seem to be fixable.

Happy Thanksgiving.