01-06-2009 10:08 AM
I "upgraded" from ACT! 6 to ACT! 2009 Version 11last month and I am so sorry I did.
Just so someone else does not make the expensive mistake I did, here has been my experience:
- software did not work the first time i started it
- techical support fixed that problem but since i had problems integrating ACT with my Outlook 2002 editor I had to use the ACT! email editor (stinks)
- ACT email editor does these fine things when i am in Outlook:
- if i forward a nice HTML email it turns it into a crappy ASCII emial
- f i try to send an email through ACT! the ACT editor hangs and i have to terminate it
- if i try to send an email through ACT! the ACT editor places the emial in the Outlook Outbox but not in a send ready mode. i have to manually go into the Outlook Outbox and tell it to"send". Then I have to hit the Outlook Send/Recive button
- takes forever to attach files.
Oh, BTW, the stupid SQLserver software takes 170MB of memory!
What a pig-in-a-poke piece of software.
Now i have to waste my time calling tech support back to try to get the thing to integrate with my WORD emial editor.