Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User's activity is showing up as the computer's previous user - ACT 10.0.3.182

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

User's activity is showing up as the computer's previous user - ACT 10.0.3.182

I have one user (Bob) who is using a computer previously used by another (Sally).

Sally now has a new computer, and afaik, everything is working well for her.

Bob is a differnent story. Every time he creates a history record (email, call, whatever), it gets attributed to Sally.

What might be causing this? He is logging in with the correct name, under a totally different windows account...any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author iamhrh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: User's activity is showing up as the computer's previous user - ACT 10.0.3.182

Sounds like you're using ACT! with Outlook and the ACT! address book is still configured under Sally's user name.

Verify by going through the E-mail System Wizard - step 3 of 4

Tools > Preferences> E-mail > E-mail System Setup > Setup ACT! Address Book

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

Re: User's activity is showing up as the computer's previous user - ACT 10.0.3.182

When Bob opens ACT - what user name / password is he using? Sounds like it might be the same as Sally? This is why items Bob adds are attributed to her. The ACT login is totally separate from the Windows login.

If the aboe diagnosis is correct - you will need (ACT licences permitting) to set-up a new user account for Bob in ACT.

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

No they both have their own accounts in ACT, and are using them accordingly (Bob logs into his PC as Bob, then ACT as Bob).
Platinum Elite Contributor

What is the name on the record that ACT! shows when he logs on as Bob?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

His own (Bob). Number 12911 / 14787.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I dislike saying something is impossible but what you are reporting is, effectively, impossible. Without examining the system, I can't guess what is causing your problem.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'm afraid it isn't impossible - the man logs on as himself, then into act as himself, and emails attach as Sally.

I will go attempt to identify abnormalities with his log on procedure...

Solution
Accepted by topic author iamhrh
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Sounds like you're using ACT! with Outlook and the ACT! address book is still configured under Sally's user name.

Verify by going through the E-mail System Wizard - step 3 of 4

Tools > Preferences> E-mail > E-mail System Setup > Setup ACT! Address Book

I was just coming back to report that the address book was indeed the problem.

Thanks dlunceford!