Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User's Guide/3rd Party Book

User's Guide/3rd Party Book

I just successfully (I think!) converted my ancient Act! 4.0 database to Act Pro 2013.  I'm the type that prefers to have a printed user's guide as a learning and reference tool for software that is mission critical to my daily life.  I was disappointed that there was no such user's guide in pdf form included in the software download/installation.  Customer service referred me to the Quick Study Guide for Sage Act!, available on their website as a printed book for $41.00.  It contains close to 600 pages of information, so I'm guessing it's fairly comprehensive.  The website says it is 2012/2013 compatible, whatever that means.  I was curious if anybody here has purchased this book and if you thought it was worth the $41.00.  In addition, if anyone has any feedback on any similar 3rd party books, I'd be interested to hear about those as well.

Thanks,

Russ

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: User's Guide/3rd Party Book

I think it is well worth the money.  It can be used as a study guide (it gives you a task, shows you what to do, then has tasks for you to perform to learn the steps), but it also acts as a a great reference.  If you have a question (how to do an email merge), you can look in the index and find a detailed answer.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Thanks, Brenda.  I appreciate the reply.  Two follow up questions:

1.  The website says 2012/2013 compatible.  It makes me wonder if it is fully updated for the new features in 2013, especially since the 2013 program is so new.  Since I've never used the 2012 program, I don't know how similar the two programs are.  Any thoughts on this?

2,  Would you consider this book superior to any of the 3rd party books available?

Thanks again,

Russ

Bronze Super Contributor

I have each of them from 2005 through to current.

Thanks, Ben.  I ordered the book this morning.  Odd thing though, I tried ordering it off the web site, and at checkout it said method of delivery was download.  That would seem to imply that this was an ebook, which isn't what I was looking for, especially at $41.  So I called sales and they said no, that it was indeed a printed book and that I could just order it over the phone then and there and they would ship it out to me.  I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Russ