Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User licensing / upgrade questions

User licensing / upgrade questions

[ Edited ]

I am contemplating upgrading from ACT! 6.0 to V19.

1. We have 7 employees who wish to use ACT! on 5 networked computers with no more than 2 at a time logged in to the database. How many $269 licenses do I need: 7,5 or 2?  I am referring to the locally installed ACT! pro, not any of the cloud versions.

2. Is this license perpetual, like my current 6.0 or is there an annual fee?

3. Has network performance improved since ACT! 6.0?

Administrator

Re: User licensing / upgrade questions

Hi cnil1,

1. Act! licensing is known as "per named user licensing". In other words, each named user who logs into the database must have a licence. If you have 7 employees , and you wish to allow each of them to log into the database and record data under their own names, without disabling other users to free up licenses, then you'll need 7 licences in total.
  2. Act! can be purchased as a subscription, with the option for a perpetual licence.
  3. Yes. Act! now utilises an SQL database, allowing for much improved network deployment types.

When upgrading from such an old version to the latest available version of Act!, we usually recommend working with a partner to assist you with the conversion, choose the right deployment type for you, and to help you understand the changes that have been made to the software over the years.

Is the $269/user license perpetual? If not, how long does it last and what is the cost of a perpetual license?
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi cnil1,

For pricing info, please contact our sales team so we can ensure you get the most up to date information. They can be reached on 866 873 2006.