Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User fields changing! Help!

User fields changing! Help!

I have an issue where an employee will be working in ACT, putting in notes and for no reason (that I can find or figure) her name 'contact name' will change to whoever she is working on and when she makes notes, it will put that person's name there as the content manager!  I go into manage users and sure enough, the "contact name" is not the same as "user".  I have removed the old and made her a new sign on but it continues to do this with no rhyme or reason to it.  Any suggestions and assistance would be fantastic!

LeAnn Clark

First Bank

Ketchikan, AK

Re: User fields changing! Help!

It sounds like the person is editing her My Record contact on accident.  Have the user go to Lookup > My Record to change the name.

Thank you!  I will have her try that and I appreciate the assistance.

LeAnn Clark

First Bank

Ketchikan, AK

Nickel Elite Contributor

LeAnn -

Along the same lines as David's comment, I have had users think that to *search* for/bring up a contact, they just type the name/text in that field.  If she's searching for someone, make sure they either use the Lookup menu options, or my preference is to right-click on whatever field you use to search, then choose the option "Lookup XXXXX", where the XXXX will be the field you just right-clicked on.

Hope that helps...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com