Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User can no longer sync

User can no longer sync

Hi all

One of my staff can no longer perform a sync to our server, receiving an error reporting the server version of ACT isn't running.  However, it is!  And I can sync fine, as can my other user.

This seems to have occurred since I created a couple of remote databases, but I can't think why this would effect one user's syncing.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  We are currently using Version 10.0.1.199.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: User can no longer sync

What is the exact error message that the user is receiving when they attempt to sync?

Also, I would strobgly recommend that you upgrade the server and all remotes to build 10.0.3 as there were a number of improvements made to the sync process in that update. Please see the following KB article for more information and download instructions:

How to Download and Apply the ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0.3) Service Pack

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Greig, we'll get it updated.

The exact error is: 'Act is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accpet incomming sync" is enabled in the main database and that the Network sync service is running. Also be sure you are connected to the network. Contact your administrator for assistance.'

As mentioned previously,it is only one user who gets this message - I'm able to sync from my netbook and laptop ok.

Now on version 10.0.3 and have applied the two hotfixes.

Still getting the same error.

Platinum Elite Contributor

It sounds like a connectivity issue with this one particular user. Please see the following Knowledgebase article:

Error: "ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is ena...

Look at the section called "Connection Errors"....do the ping and telnet tests to test the remote machine's access to the machine hosting the publisher database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.