Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User Recovery

User Recovery

[ Edited ]

I recently deleted a user in ACT and am now regretting it...I reassigned all of their contacts, which reassigned their entries in History.  I have backups of the main database file for ACT that I can pull the data from, or even manually look at.  Any suggestions on how to get at least the history information back into the current Database?

ACT 2008 10.0.0.237

Thanks!

Daniel

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: User Recovery

Hello Daniel,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

That's great to hear you have backups!  You can restore a backup to a new name (using Restore As option) and then export the single contact from the restored database to your main database.  This will get the contact record (won't recreate as a user) and it's history/notes/etc. but will not reset the Record Manager for items in other contact records.

The steps:

- Restore a backup to a new name, using the Restore As option.  Here is a link with instructions: KB Article 19211

- open the restored version of the database > perform a Lookup for that particular contact

- with single contact in Contact List view: use the File > Export > to Database > use Current Lookup option and complete the steps to export.  Here is a link with instructions: KB Article 14010

Note: Before beginning this process, you will want to create a backup of the main database (File > Backup > Database).

Greg Martin
Sage