Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User Name and Password

User Name and Password

The person who set up our ACT! database just left the company and did not tell us about the user name and password he placed on the database.  How can we access the database without knowing the user name and password?

Stevie Ray

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: User Name and Password

Hello Stevie,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Please see your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage

Steve,

Can you help me with the same problem created new database starting a new job and forgot the user name and password and would like to gather the information stored in it. THANKS! I am using version 11 on windows 7.

The Gray Factor.

I have similar problem.  I backed up a database to rebuild my computer and during the import/restore I am being asked for a user name and password which I don't have.  It was auto saved and I logged in automatically so didn't ever have to use it.  Any suggestions?

I have the same problem, can you provide a temporary support user/password

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Newtgore,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Your database user name and password are self contained within the database, we don't have a record of them or have the ability to reset them without you contacting Technical Support or Database Services groups.  Generally user names will be your first and last name.  Try variations such as First Initial Last Name (try with space no space).  When you previously opened the database and accessed your 'My Record' contact record, how was your name displayed?  99% of the time this will be the same as the user name. 

If you didn't enter a password before, try the variations of user name and leave the password blank.

For further information on attempting to determine your user name and password, and contacting Support/Database Services, review this article: KB Article 14150

Greg Martin
Sage