Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Useless Feature when syncing to outlook from Act

Copper Contributor

Useless Feature when syncing to outlook from Act

I have act 2011 pro 

when syncing from act to outlook the end result that is shown in the appointment field of outlook is information that was pulled from the "regarding" field of schedule activity popup menu of act.

I know I can ADD addtional info to the "regarding info field" BUT ACT should pull in the contact name PLUS the " regarding to" information.

I do not want to ADD a contact name to the "regarding field" just so it will show up in outlook.

THIS IS A BIG FLAW IN DESIGN OF ACT SYNC -- it makes no sense NOT to show a contact name! 

It'd be nice to have the ability to MAP what your want to show up in outlook appointment fields.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Useless Feature when syncing to outlook from Act

I use companionlink for this and it functions as you might expect. worth testing I think as it I have been using it for a number of years now and much better than the inbuilt Outlook synchronisation.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Super Contributor

When an activity syncs from ACT! to Outlook, the contact information is available when opening the Outlook activity and selecting the Scheduling Assistant.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Understand BUT the CONTACT NAME  should still be in the FRONT on the appointment calendar vs. having to go to another tab to see who it is with?

Platinum Super Contributor

I agree having the contact name at the front of the activity description would be helpful, but the ACT! activity sync is functioning within the normal Outlook method.  When scheduling an activity directly in Outlook, unless you enter the contact name in the Subject line - it will only show up in the Scheduling Assistant section of the Outlook activity.

This would be a good candidate to submit through the Share Your Ideas board.

Greg Martin
Sage

i would definitly give a try to handheld contact. The outlook sync is still broken in act 2011 and you can expect all kind of freegames if its enabled. We have a lot of clients with issues on this and no resolution from SAGE.