Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

'Use details from previous activity' has defaulted to ON for follow-up activities.

Copper Elite Contributor

'Use details from previous activity' has defaulted to ON for follow-up activities.

When scheduling follow-up activities while clearing an activity, my 'Use details from previous activity' check box on the Details tab has defaulted to ON (checked) for all activities. I have never used this option, it is now becoming a nuisance as when I come to clear the follow up activity I have to clear out the carried forward notes.

I can't find anywhere where I can reset the default to OFF (un-checked).

Please help!!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: 'Use details from previous activity' has defaulted to ON for follow-up activities.

As you noted, the default is 'enabled'; there isn't an option to set the default to 'OFF' (disabled).
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: 'Use details from previous activity' has defaulted to ON for follow-up activities.

Bugger!!

Thanks Greg. Is that new to Act 2012, I don't remember it happening in Act9. My standard action has always been: Clear my Call activity, hit the Follow-up button before I close the cleared activity and schedule the next call (as all good sales people should, that's why we have Act!). I'm sure I could just write up the details of the follow up call when I made it without having to delete the carried forwrd details first. I can't see the point of repeating the details, they are already there in the history.

Am I missing something?

Platinum Super Contributor

I didn't check ACT! 2007 (V9), but I did go back to 2010 and it had the same default. I can't really answer the why, but I assume the thinking is to keep all of the related information together and quickly available. Having an option to set the preference is a great idea, you can submit it through the 'Share Your Ideas' forum within the Community.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for your research Greg. Idea posted in Ideas Forum.