Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

- Urgent - Can't delete Process/Stage not in use

- Urgent - Can't delete Process/Stage not in use

[ Edited ]

I need to match the opportunity processes and stages between two databases.  I can't delete stages in one of the databases because they are supposedly in use.  This process has never been used in this database, and the stages do not show up in any advanced lookup or opportunity report.  Any suggestions?

Message Edited by ddrouin on 08-08-2008 01:06 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: - Urgent - Can't delete Process/Stage not in use

You can re-name them to match.

They might have been used and cleared - so wouldn't show in a report.

Re: - Urgent - Can't delete Process/Stage not in use

Thanks for the response.  I've been trying to solve this one for months, but can't find any prior threads with a similar problem.

I won't be able to rename them to match.  Here is the situation:  the two databases are designed for different purposes.  One is for the Sales process and contacts; the other is for Client Care.  I have two distinctly different processes (& sequence of stages), Sales and Client Care, that will be used for both databases, but need them to be identical, because we will share contacts.  The 'Sales' team decided they wanted one less stage in their process, and deleted it in their database.  I have been trying to delete the same stage in the Client Care database ever since.  Worse, the Client Care process has also changed and has extra stages that I can't remove.

Are you saying that if an opportunity stage has ever been used, even though all opportunites have been deleted and there is no history related to the opportunity process, you can't remove it?