Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uploading information into ACT!

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Uploading information into ACT!

I have 2,500 e-mail addresses that I need to upload to the ACT! database. They are just e-mail addresses--no other information attached to each record whatsoever--in a list in Excel format. I tried saving my excel file as a tab delimited, then as a csv. I just can't seem to get it to upload. I can't seem to get past the mapping window on the upload wizard. I keep getting the error message that reads: "You must map at least one field from the source database to a field in the destination database."

How do I make my information uploadable?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author steed1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Uploading information into ACT!

In Excel, add a contact .... even if you just copy the email address file to a 2nd Column

Turn off duplicate checking when doing the import so it doesn't see them all as matches... turn it back on after.

If you already have data in the database, make sure you back up before the import.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author steed1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Uploading information into ACT!

In Excel, add a contact .... even if you just copy the email address file to a 2nd Column

Turn off duplicate checking when doing the import so it doesn't see them all as matches... turn it back on after.

If you already have data in the database, make sure you back up before the import.