Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uploading from Ver 14 to Ver 19

Copper Contributor

Uploading from Ver 14 to Ver 19

I am buying new laptop.

Current has Windows 7 & ACT Ver 14.

guess I'll breakdown & upgrade to Ver 19 (even though I don't need all the new bells & whistles) because new laptop has Windows 10.

Is it fairly easy to upload my 6000 record data base from Ver 14 to 19?

Or would you suggest I buy a couple of extra hours from certified ACT consultant?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Uploading from Ver 14 to Ver 19

I would suggest the simplest way is to do a backup including attachments in ACT 14 on current laptop.

Copy file to desktop of new laptop.

In ACT V19 use the restore database function and this will place correctly on your new laptop.

When you go to open it will then convert to V19. 

Once all done you can delete the old file from desktop.

Administrator

Hi bearcat,

In addition to ch1p's suggestion above, you can find detailed backup and restore instructions in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19211

If you feel like you could use the help of an Act! Certified Consultant, you can find one local to you here: http://partners.act.com

Let us know how you get on.
Copper Contributor

Correction to my version.  I have Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 7.

Will this matter?

I have a friend who had an old ver either 6 or 7 & they had to upgrade one version at a time until they got to Ver 18 (the latest at the time). So he could use Windows 10.

Still same advice for me?

Thanks again.

Bronze Elite Contributor

You can use the option I gave. Both your versions are SQL versions so it will work.

Copper Contributor

Thanks so much. I will let you all know how it goes. Usually a 1-2 hr fix takes all day. UGH!

I am curious to know how it goes as well. I had been successfully running v14 on Windows 10 until last week when I started getting backup errors & am planning to upgrade to v19 as well. Hoping my last backup will upgrade smoothly!

Copper Contributor

Here's how it went.

Backed up on Act Ver 14

Purchased Ver 19 & loaded on new laptop with Windows 10

I called Tech support & they walked me thru the upload of my backup from Ver 14

So far no problems. I haven't had time to go thru the database but so far so good.

I would suggest if your just now using Windows 10 its worth the money to buy the newest Act ver 19.

Thank you!