Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrded from prior Act, CAN'T produce report containing opportunity notes

Upgrded from prior Act, CAN'T produce report containing opportunity notes

I have upgraded to Act 12 from Act 8.  I was told all prior acts to 12 had a opportunity detail field butnot in act 12.  Act 12 has taken the opportunity details and submitted them to the opportunity notes.  That is fine but i would like to print off the opportunity notes on my lead report containing my contact info.  In previous additions this was possible, now i was told by the tech department that this feature is not available. WHY? this is a simple procedure and for my production this is key to show since we hve multiple opportunities for a single contact.  If there is a solution i hope it happens quickly or I am forced to go back to ct 6 and i am going to demand the cost of upgrade
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Upgrded from prior Act, CAN'T produce report containing opportunity notes

I feel you pain. While ACT! 2010 made useful modificatins to the opportunities, making then a separate entity, the data sourcing in the ACT! reports wasn't changed to make use of the opportunity changes. Please make a feature request to have the reports upgraded.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

Re: Upgrded from prior Act, CAN'T produce report containing opportunity notes

I agree that should be there.  The shift to adding addition fields to Opportunities is great but in the process of making it more powerful they chose to remove some other things that to some are important.

What I have recommended for clients in this situation is Stonefield Query.  You can build custom reports to do just about anything.  I don't have the time to become a report guru like Roy.  He's amazing.  But Stonefield is so easy, I just suggest it and I'm done. It's easy to create custom reports on the fly and set it so your sales staff can put in their own parameters without any other intervention.  Pretty cool.  They can be found at www.stonefieldquery.com.  

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!