Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading

Upgrading

We are currently using Act! 2000.  I have been evaluating Act! 2008 and really like it.  I particularly like the fact that you can have the company as the lead instead of the contact, and that the company can have several contacts.

The problem is Act! 2008 apparently doesn't work on Windows 2000 nor with Office 2000 (according to the system requirements).  One of the people in my office has a Windows 2000 machine with Office 2000 and another has a Windows XP machine with Office 2000.  We all need to have the ability to use Act! and upgrading the 2000 machine to XP or Vista and upgrading them from Office 2000 is not an option.  We are a small software company and need these configurations for testing purposes. 

Are there any work arounds or is there anything we can do so that we can upgrade to Act! 2008?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Upgrading

And even if the software would work, why would you want to upgrade? You might be better to check for a version 6 add-on program to give you the features. Act! 2008, albeit better than 2007, is still a resource hog and slow. Dialog boxes don't pop the mouse to defaults, what used to be simple and quick is now more clicks and slow, syncing with handhelds will only overwrite unless using a third-party software package, customizing screens and removing clutter is not an option in several screens...etc., etc., etc.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Upgrading