Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading user has 2 questions - please help me find these

Upgrading user has 2 questions - please help me find these

[ Edited ]

Hi ACT! community. I'm an ACT! 2000 user that has just upgraded to ACT! 2007. I know, I know, ACT! 2007 is 'old news', but we bought our copy a long time ago and just finally got an upgraded server to install it on...

Long story short, I have twothings that are driving me batty trying to figure out in v2007. Any help you can provide is appreciated!

1) When using the File -> Export function, we regularly export CSV files for various reports. In ACT! 2000, we could create a bunch of different maps, save them and reuse. The problem we're running into with ACT! 2007 is that the order of the fields does not stay in the map list. (if we put the list first name, last name, company it would get reversed to company, last name, first name when we loaded the map)

2) In ACT! 2000, when you used the Edit -> Replace function, we could replace a bunch of fields at once by using the contact layout. In v2007, it only allows us to replace one field at a time. Any help in doing multiple fields at once for multiple contacts?

Thanks ACT! community!

Message Edited by whitefrog on 10-28-2008 08:42 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Upgrading user has 2 questions - please help me find these

[ Edited ]

I believe there is an ACT addon product that allows you to replace multiple fields at the same time, I'll see if I can find it.

On another note, I'm always curious when people start exporting things for reports (because many things can be done right in ACT).  What are you trying to accomplish?

Message Edited by getmyacttogether on 10-28-2008 03:57 PM
Tony Holowitz
John Anthony Group
tony@johnanthonygroup.com

We export data for credit card processing using a CSV file that is uploaded to a secure server.  The CSV file has to have the fields in a specific order, which we used to be able to do in ACT! 2000, but can't figure out how to do it in 2007.

Thanks~

We are trying to use Bulk Change IT software add-on for the Edit->Replace multiple fields function.  I'll post back when we have results.

http://www.actaddons.com/products/2005/crm_bulkchange.asp

Platinum Elite Contributor

Why not set up the column order that you want to export in the contact list view and then export the contact list view to Excel? From Excel you can save to the desired delimited format.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129