Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading from Act 6.0 to 11.0 problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Upgrading from Act 6.0 to 11.0 problems

I finally bit the bullet and bought the upgrade. I am using "custom upgrade" due to field name changes and added fields.

First problem - How to I get the additional fields I created in 6.0 into 11.0?

Second problem - When I do the field mapping, I can match most of the fields but the "Company" field does not populate in 11.0. I match the "Company" field in 6.0 to the "Company" field in 11.0 but when I open the 11.0 database the "Company" field is empty, all of the other mapped fields are populated but not the "Company" field.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author richardhuck
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Upgrading from Act 6.0 to 11.0 problems

You access it through the ACT! 6 ACTDIAG utility.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies

1) Some fields may not be able to match during the conversion, but all the fields and their data should come over during the conversion. After the conversion, go to Tools/Define Fields in ACT! 2009 and see if your 6.0 fields came over.  If they did, then you will need to manually add them to your layout so that you can view them.

2) In your 6.0 database, verify that the field name used for the Company name in 6.0 is the same name as the one used in 2009. If not, then see if the field containing the Company name in 6.0 came over in the conversion (under Tools/Define Fields). If it did, then you can go to Edit/Copy Field in ACT! 2009 and copy the data from that field to the correct field in 2009.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Elite Contributor

One other thing to see for curiosity sake would be to run a fields report on the ACT! 6 side and look for the field number assigned to the company field.  If it's 25 then that's the original company field.  If it's numbered 1000 or higher then a custom field was created and named "company".  If 25 is assigned to another field look to see which field that is. 
Copper Contributor

I would like that report... I cannot see how to print it, can you help?
Solution
Accepted by topic author richardhuck
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You access it through the ACT! 6 ACTDIAG utility.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129