Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading from Act 2006 (Version 8.0.0.182) to Act 2010 (Version 12)

Upgrading from Act 2006 (Version 8.0.0.182) to Act 2010 (Version 12)

I am considering Upgrading from Act 2006  (Version 8.0.0.182) to Act 2010 (Version 12).  I currently have issues with my current version that the database check and repair tool cannot resolve and as a result the backup operation is not successful.  (cannot delete contacts -- get error message "Invalid Processor County. Processor not currently in a transaction")

My questions are:-

1/ do I purchase the upgrade version or the new installation version and

2/ Will the above error effect the importing of the database into the upgraded version

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Upgrading from Act 2006 (Version 8.0.0.182) to Act 2010 (Version 12)

This sounds like you may have an after market add on to ACT! via TopLine solutions?  If so, this message has a workaround via their website:

http://blog.toplineresults.com/post/2008/09/24/Invalid-processor-state-Processor-not-currently-in-a-...

Also, the bug identified was corrected, so upgrading to the latest edition of ACT! should also resolve the issue reported here.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Something you may wish to consider before you upgrade is HARD DISK speed.  I upgraded to the 09 version and found that Outlook and ACT can be MADDENINGLY slow. 

Having done considerable investigation, it appears the universal opinion is that ACT 09 or later NEEDS to run on hardware that is at least 7200 RPM, and even then it is not as quick as you're currently experiencing.

09 version and later are WAY more robust in information, but at the price of being a very I/O intensive system.

Yes, there are some awesome benefits.  In my opinion having every email I send to a specific contact automatically held in the history folder is a HUGE timesaver, HOWEVER, it comes with the cost of time used while the system stores that information on a continual basis.

I would encourage you to check your system hardware before you make the plunge, else be ready to operate in a slower environment than you're currently accustomed.

Good luck,

Wes

Thanks for the advice Wesk, will definitly check speeds.  Am installing on a spare pc to test upgrading of database first . Will report back on completion.