Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading Windows based ACT to Web based version

Tuned Listener

Upgrading Windows based ACT to Web based version

I just rolled out the windows based version, I have 10 local users and 2 users that sync over a VPN.  It's only day one.  I'd like to look at upgrading to the web based version.  I can't seem to find instructions on upgrading it.  Can I just install it over the top on the server?  What version do I need to install on all clients?

I do notice that Sp1 Hot fix 2 is out.  How that is rolled out to all of the clients?  

Joe

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Upgrading Windows based ACT to Web based version

You can uninstall the server and reinstall the web version ... then the clients can access it via sharing on the lan, sync to remotes or web with just a browser.
Tuned Listener

So, then if I download SP1 Hot Fix 2, I need to download both versions. Version with web, I use on my server, and the windows version will be used to install on all lan & sync clients. I was told you need to stay at the same version everywhere.

Do I need to recreate the remote sync files? Or can I update each version to Sp1 Hot 2 at the same time?
Platinum Elite Contributor

As long as the version on the web and the clients are all SP1 + HF2, that's fine

You should update the server first, then the remotes