Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgraded to windows 10 and now ACT crashes every time I try to paste in a jpg into a note.

Highlighted

Upgraded to windows 10 and now ACT crashes every time I try to paste in a jpg into a note.

[ Edited ]
  1. ACT notes won't accept a Microsoft Word table.
  2. So as a work around  I've been pasting tables into PowerPoint as a picture and then pasting the picture into my ACT note.
  3. When I ran ACT in Win 7 that worked fine. I did this THOUSANDS of times with no problem.
  4. I upgraded to Win 10 and now pasting a picture in a note box CRASHES ACT HARD!!! It locks up the whole computer.
  5. If I wait 4+ minutes ACT will come back and release my computer but it still crashes every time I attempt to paste a picture from PowerPoint.
  6. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?
  7. I've attached the current crash error I'm getting I DON'T KNOW THAT IT'S RELATED. I hope it helps.

Thanks for your help.

PS - ACT should be able to handle a Word table... these work-arounds are crazy. 

Act! Pro Version 16.3.11.0, Hot Fix 1

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Upgraded to windows 10 and now ACT crashes every time I try to paste in a jpg into a note.

Act v16 is not officially compatible with Windows 10.

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024418533-Act-Compatibility-Matrix

Can you attach your file to the Documents tab rather than pasting into Notes?

Highlighted

Re: Upgraded to windows 10 and now ACT crashes every time I try to paste in a jpg into a note.

We upgraded to the current version. ACT 16 is just too unstable. I was a beta tester for ACT v1 in 1985ish. It ran in DOS.

I can't believe how little ACT has evolved. It's been 35 years!!!

The new version is more stable but still has problem with Win 10.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

What version of Act!? There are differences between v21 and v22
Re the evolution, most of the new stuff is only in Premium.

As to that error, it looks like a Word issue from what I can see when searching for it. Have you tried an Office repair?

You could always attach the Word docx directly to the Note or History