Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgraded to Act 10.0 and the Phone Format (and browse "...") have disappeared from all layout templates.

Upgraded to Act 10.0 and the Phone Format (and browse "...") have disappeared from all layout templates.

Help! I upgraded to Act 10.0 and the Phone Format (and browse "...") have disappeared from all layout templates. Hence, no way to change the country codes.

Has anyone run into this before and how might it be fixed.

Note: When you load up a new template, the browse "..." button appears for a split second and then fully disappears when the template is fully loaded.

Re: Upgraded to Act 10.0 and the Phone Format (and browse "...") have disappeared from all layout templates.

I have the same problem. 

No response from Sage yet??  

It's been a month...

Did you ever find a solution? 

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Upgraded to Act 10.0 and the Phone Format (and browse "...") have disappeared from all layout templates.

One possible cause for this is corrupted Act! Preference files.  For steps to recreate your Preference files, visit this link:

Rebuilding Preferences/Mini-Calendars

Note: If you are using the Act! email program as your email editor, pay close attention to the steps at the beginning of the article.  Also, I recommend that you skip the Actdiag steps and go directly to the 'Manually Delete Act! Preference Files' section.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi SETHPAGE: 

Just curious if you ever tried this rebuilding preferences suggesttion and whether it worked for you?  I am just now finding some time to look into this problem...

No, I haven't. Went to the link and reviewed instructions, but didn't yet feel comfortable rebuilding preferences file. If find some time this long holiday weekend, may create a copy of DB and then try the rebuild on that DB first. Also may try reducing the DPI setting first, as that seemed to be a possibility as well.

Have you had any luck with rebuilding the preferences file?

FYI - I finally tried lowering the DPI to 96 (smaller @ 100%) from a higher setting (125%) and it brought the phone format for int'l back up.

Still haven't rebuilt the preferences file but that is in the cue at some point.