Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrade to 2010 - ERROR MESSAGE

Upgrade to 2010 - ERROR MESSAGE

Hello all... just finished running my upgrade to 2010 and my previous database will not open. I am receiving the following error message:

"The database XXX could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available. It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server."

I am not a networked user. My entire set-up is a standalone arrangement - no servers required.

Has aybody experienced this problem? I need to be operational by Monday morning!

Many thanks to all who respond!!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Upgrade to 2010 - ERROR MESSAGE

Hello pb23r,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In regards to the error, there could be more than one cause. The first thing I would check is to make sure the SQL Server is running:

- From your Start menu, choose Run and type services.msc. If using Vista, just type the command in the Search box on the Start menu

- When the list of services comes up, look for the SQL Server (ACT7)

- If the service does not have a status of "Started", then right-click on the service and select Start

If this does not resolve the issue, then please see KB Article 19640 for additional information.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.