Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrade V6 to Act 2009 V11

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Upgrade V6 to Act 2009 V11

I have paid for an upgrade from Act V6 to the current version 11.  Act 6 will NOT run on Vista.  For that reason I created a dual boot machine so that I could continue using ACT V6 with XP booted.  I want to return my PC to a single boot Vista OS machine which is why I bought V11.  If the CD is an upgrade disc how on earth do I get V11 on to my Vista OS when my V6 is installed on the alternative XP boot?  I explained all this to the sales person who assured me that though she could not explain the process, it would be possible for me to get from V6 on XP to V11 on Vista.  The software CD is still in the mailing sytem.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author buzzibbee
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Upgrade V6 to Act 2009 V11

The upgrade that you have is the full version. Upgrade only refers to pricing and the prior version does not need to be installed.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author buzzibbee
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

The upgrade that you have is the full version. Upgrade only refers to pricing and the prior version does not need to be installed.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thankyou Roy.  That is what I learned when the CD arrived this afternoon.  I have successfully installed the software and imported/converted my old V5 database (not V6 as I mistakenly believed).  I was surprised that the pdf manual on the CD was so brief.  One of my much earlier versions was accompanied by a manual some 20mm or so thick.  I will be using that 45 days of complimentary support!

Moved ogb's reply to its own thread for greater exposure.

I am using version 6 on my Vista, so I don't know why you are unable to?