Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrade Premium V14 to Pro V21

Upgrade Premium V14 to Pro V21

From what I've read it appears to go from Premium V14 to Pro V21 the database has to be converted before it can be imported.  Used "save as copy" in Premium V14 and converted the database to Pro, as not wanting to do anything on the existing PC and something fail or becoming corrupt, I loaded a trial Act Pro V21 on a secondary PC, was able to upgrade the database and add records and everything seems stable. 

Now attempting to backup and restore the updated database to a new PC running Pro V21.  When I attempt to load the ZIP file on the new PC running Pro V21, I get the error “You do not have the authority to restore the database.  Please see your database administrator.”  I’m the only user on both PC’s and my profiles are admin’s, when opening and running Act, I’m right clicking and running as administrator.

Even tried the "move database" option but everything is greyed out.

Not sure if I missing a step, thank you in advance.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Upgrade Premium V14 to Pro V21

Try opening act by right mouse clicking and then run as administrator. Also double check the zip file properties of the backup and make sure you have full rights to the file in the security tab. I have seen it where it comes up with you must have read permission to view the properties of this object and you need to change the owner of the file.

The ZIP file shows the permissions as full control, permissions for SYSTEM all have a checkmark next to them (modify, read & execute, read, write).  I right clicked on Act Pro V21 when opening, used the restore as option.  Gave it a new database name, type the user name associated with the database and get the same error “You do not have the authority to restore the database.  Please see your database administrator.”

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Can you create a new database via act! OKon the machine?

I was able to create a new database and went between the two PC's with no issue, using the restore to feature.