Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updgraded to latest Act -Asking for a Password I never created?

Updgraded to latest Act -Asking for a Password I never created?

I upgraded ACT recently.  I had some technical help and he was able to finish the install, which was interrupted by some Microsoft issues.  I was able to bring back a few of my databases but I have another database that when I tried to launch it, continues to ask for a password. Since I never created a password, I have no idea what the user name or password would be to move forward.

Aside from calling ACT- I thought there may be a simple answer that I am now aware of to figure out this problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you..

Lisa

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Updgraded to latest Act -Asking for a Password I never created?

An ACT! database will always have a username, but a password is not required.  Assuming for the moment there is no password, try using different combinations of your (or a users) name (ex, John Smith, John, Jsmith, John L. Smith).  Username is NOT case-sensitive.  If you have no luck, then you will need to contact tech support to reset the login for your database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Updgraded to latest Act -Asking for a Password I never created?

Just Click enter, dont even enter a Password.  If you had not entered a Password, "Blank" will be ok.