Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Updating to 11.1 on Vista gives Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Updating to 11.1 on Vista gives Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation

Mr. Palazzo,

Please see your Private Messages.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Updating to 11.1 on Vista gives Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation

I am also getting the  1603 error trying to install the ACT 11.1 update.  I would be happy to supply my licence/activisation info if you can give me a full download of 11.1.  I've tried all the fixes listed in the knowledge base.

Hello billsync,

I would be happy to. Please send me your ACT! 2009 serial number via a Private Message.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I solved the Problem!!!   If you are on a Windows 7 machine at the profesional or higher level you can run virtual PC XP mode and run ACT !!.1 without problems!

Smiley Very Happy

I am having the same problem getting error 1603 with windows 7. Can you please send me the full version of 11.1 so i can get my database up and running. I can also send my licence number

Hello jaxisa,

Please send me your ACT! 2009 serial number via Private Message

Greig Hollister

I am having the same error.  11.0 installs fine then when I do the update it gets the "fatal error" message.  I have manually uninstalled the program and then re-installed twice now!  I am glad I found this before I did it a third time!
Platinum Super Contributor

GBY204,

If you will send me a Private Message with your serial number, I will provide you with a download link for the fully updated installation files. 

To send me a Private Message: click on my Member Name in the left column > then select 'Send Private Message' in the right hand column.

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Super Contributor

Note to GBY204 - See Private Messages for download link.
Greg Martin
Sage

I had trouble getting this to woirk.  I got the same error message.  I then went to microsofts's site and downloaded the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.  I was worried about overwriting other data, but gave it a try.  Everything worked great!!!!!

The SQL download went smooth and the Act! download was FAST.   I am back up and running/