Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updating to 11.1 on Vista gives Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Updating to 11.1 on Vista gives Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation

I'm trying to update from Act version 11.0 to version 11.1 using the ACT1110StandEUUpdate.exe file. On 4 other computers this went smooth (3 Windows XP machines and 1 W2003 SBS server), but on the last Vista SP1 machine I am stuck at this error:

---------------------------
Feature transfer error
Error: -1603  Fatal error during installation.

Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.
OK  

I've already tried unpacking the ACT1110StandEUUpdate.exe file onto my local C: drive, and starting the setup.exe file from there with the 'Run as Administrator' option.

I remember also having had this error when I was upgrading from an old 2006 version. I think the solution was to use the Act uninstall tool. Maybe the problem is that the ACT1110StandEUUpdate.exe file is just an update? Is there a full 11.1 download?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rbeuker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Updating to 11.1 on Vista gives Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation

Uninstall ACT! using the ACT! uninstaller from the KB linked below.  I have sent you a PM with the full download link.

How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author rbeuker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Updating to 11.1 on Vista gives Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation

Uninstall ACT! using the ACT! uninstaller from the KB linked below.  I have sent you a PM with the full download link.

How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file

Thank you! This has solved the issue. Man Happy

I'm stuck with the same error - could you send me the link also?

jimleo,

Please send me a private message with your serial number.

Thanks, 

David,

Tried to install 11.1 using full download file but install keeps failing on install for SQL 2005. I was getting a 1608 error. Microsoft site said to unistall SQL client and then reinstall product. Did that...now getting 1601 error - something about MS installer not properly installed/registered. MS site said to do a run unregister and then a run register for installer. Did that....still can't get past SQL errors.

Can't get 11.0 or 11.1 either one working now. Can you help????????

David,

Please disregard previous message... 

Went back and uninstalled ALL components of the SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition and then ran 11.1 full install again. Install succeeded this time with no - at least no initial - indications of problems.

Thanks again for your help!

Mike

Mine crashed updating to 11.1 as well on Vista Ultimate, and Act is now unavailable altogether. Would it be possible to get the link to whatever necessary (the full install?).

Regards, Stanley Finch

Essential Air Group, Inc.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Stanley,

Please check your Private Messages (yellow envelope in upper right).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

[Edit: Please do not publicly post your ACT! serial number] Having problems updating 11.0 on Vista ultimate 64bit, getting same error.  Could you send fix? 

Message Edited by ghollister on 11-09-2009 09:55 AM