Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updating the address field.

Updating the address field.

I am sorry if this answer is in this forum but I have searched and could not find the answer.

We receive a mailing list every year with updated information on a group of our contacts. This list may also contain new contacts. What is the most efficient way of updating only the address field of the matching contacts and add the others to the database? I, of course, do not want to just replace the contacts because my history will be lost.

We have a shared database with Act 2009.

Thanks in advance.

Nick 

Re: Updating the address field.

Make sure to have duplicate checking enabled and select the appropriate merge options during the import.  Make sure to create a backup of the database before importing.

How to Back Up and Restore an ACT! Database

How to Import Contact Data From a Text Delimited File (*.TXT or *.CSV) into an ACT! Database

Re: Updating the address field.

Thanks David. Can you be any more specific on the duplicate checking and the merge options? I have already made a back up and have been trying to test this, has not worked out very well yet. 

I have duplicate checking enabled and my fields are Company, Contact, Address1. Is this correct? What should my merge options look like?

Remember, I only want to update the address field on matching records.

Thanks,

Nick