Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updating computer, need to reinstall ACT

Updating computer, need to reinstall ACT

I'm planning on wiping my hard drive and reinstalling Windows soon. What will I need to do in order to reinstall ACT? Some software has a "deauthorize computer" function that allows you to reinstall after deauthorizing so the software maker knows you are not simply trying to reinstall on several computers. I don't see that function in ACT, so what will I need to do to legitimately reinstall the program? Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Updating computer, need to reinstall ACT

[ Edited ]

Hello mebobo,
You can just a standard install as though you were installing to a new machine. If your database is hosted on that machine, then be sure to do a backup through ACT! before you wipe the drive. Then after you install ACT!, restore the database through ACT! using the "Restore As" option. You will also want to make sure you have your serial number - you can get this by going to Help > About ACT!.

If you encounter an error when trying to activate the new install, please send me your serial number via Private Message by clicking my user name on the left, then clicking "Send this user a private message on the right.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Greg, I appreciate the quick feedback. Also, I presume I'm allowed to install ACT on both a desktop and my laptop. Is that correct?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes, you can do that.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.