Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updating Remote Database in Sync Situation

Avid Listener

Updating Remote Database in Sync Situation

I have set up a remote database across our LAN for my assistant (she has her own copy of ACT2008). Changes my assistant enters in her RDB are properly sync'ed back to my "publisher" database. How are changes I make in the publisher database updated in the remote database? It seems so obvious, but I have looked everywhere and cannot find an answer -- short of creating a completely new RDB and sending it to my assistant.
Copper Contributor

Re: Updating Remote Database in Sync Situation

Your assistant is in charge of making sure that you both have the most updated databases. The publisher database can not force a sync between the two databases. The remote initiates syncs. You will see in your sync log (and she will see in hers) after a sync what each of you was updated with.

I recommend setting up the ACT! scheduler to automatically sync the 2 of you everyday so that you do not have to worry that you have the most updated database.
Avid Listener

Thank you for that reply and the suggestion! It would seem, then, that my assistant should sync at the start of her day (to get any changes I have made since the last sync) and at the end of her day (so I get her new changes).
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you're just on the LAN, why sync?
Why not access the same database together?

Or does one of you have a laptop?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Tmart13 wrote:
I recommend setting up the ACT! scheduler to automatically sync the 2 of you everyday so that you do not have to worry that you have the most updated database.

The Scheduler is only in the Premium versions of ACT!