Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updating Act 11.0 the version of act is not compatible with this update. the update will now exit

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Updating Act 11.0 the version of act is not compatible with this update. the update will now exi

Anyone still encountering this problem, please do this.

1) Open Add/Remove programs via control panel

2) See if there is a line item for ACT!

3) If not, please attempt a reinstall of the ACT! application prior to applying the 11.1 update

4) If the reinstall errors, use the ACT! uninstall utility available on the ACT! Knowledgebase

5) Reinstall your 11.0 media

6) Attempt to update to 11.1.

For some reason, there are cases where the line item for the uninstall is missing.  This causes the Windows installer to be mismatched internally causing the patch application to think that it isn't an eligible update on the machine because of the omission.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Re: Updating Act 11.0 the version of act is not compatible with this update. the update will now exi

I have 2 machines both running Win XP as allowed under liscencing agreement. One on laptop updated perfectly. One on desktop won't update no matter what I do. I've tried all the suggestions posted here to no avail. Now my Act database will only run on one of the machines. I need to resolve this quickly. Can anyone help?

David

Ottawa, Ontario

Nickel Elite Contributor

David,

On the machine with the issue, do you have a line item listed in Add/Remove Programs in the Control panel?

How are you attempting to apply the update / where did you get it from?

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Thanks for your reply Matthew. I re-read the posts, used the Act Cleaner, rebooted, reinstalled Act, ran the updater and it worked perfectly. Many thanks!

David Hauraney
Ottawa, Canada

I have the exact same problems with trying to update to 11.1 How did you finaly do it. I have the windows vista. What did you mean by using the Act cleaner and than it worked. Im still getting the error message that Act database not compatible. Please help I need to sync asap

Thanks

Todd

Re: Updating Act 11.0 the version of act is not compatible with this update. the update will now exiOptions
Edit Reply

Delete

Mark as New

Bookmark

Subscribe

Subscribe to RSS Feed

Highlight

Print

Email to a Friend

Report Inappropriate Content

02-11-2011 08:22 PM

I have the exact same problems with trying to update to 11.1 How did you finaly do it. I have the windows vista. What did you mean by using the Act cleaner and than it worked. Im still getting
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

You need to disable Account User Control (AUC) in Windows before installing the 11.1 update. Doing a search on AUC in Windows help will explain how to turn it on and off. This AUC is a new "feature" in Vista that seems to cause more problems than what it solved, if any.

Thank you but I did that as well and still coming up with the same error.

Copper Contributor

As far as I can remember, that was the only problem I had installing the 11.1 update.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Todd,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

To resolve this issue, you will need to uninstall the current Act! 2009 program through the Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features in Vista/Win7).  If there is an error uninstalling the program you can use the Act!Uninstaller.exe utility - instructions are located in this article: KB Article 19338

Then reinstall with a fully updated version of the V11.1 installation files.

Please see your Private Notes for a link to download the fully updated installation files for ACT! 2009 V11.1.

Greg Martin
Sage