Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updated to v10.0.3 and now program is not responding

Updated to v10.0.3 and now program is not responding

I just updated to the v10.0.3 and could not open the database.  I went through all of the suggested steps of making sure the program had exception status in the firewall as well as temporarily disabling the anti-virus software.  The next steps acheived due to the actdiag listing the database as Stalled, were stopping the ACT2007 service, deleting the database then pasting a copied ALF & ADF file back into the original folder and restarting the service.  Now the program will open, but stalls after the login completed portion of the startup.  The end result is "NOT RESPONDING"

Two days have been allocated to attempt to rectify this problem -- time is money!  It is mandatory that I gain access to my database ASAP -- I could be missing appointments etc!!

Can anyone assist?????

Katharine

Re: Updated to v10.0.3 and now program is not responding

Katharine,

Is this database specific?  Try opening the demo database or creating a new database.

Thanks for your response -- the challenge here is that I have Act! set up to automatically open a named database.  Therefore, I can't get to just the bare bones of the program to try and create a new database.  (the demo was deleted long ago).  If you have some tips on how I can try to create a new database, I would be thrilled.

KCL

Finally able to seperate the database from the program.  I can create a new database, in fact, I created two.  In one, I attempted to restore the last backup made -- successful restore & conversion to the new version.  Upon the initial opening of the newly restored & created database, I once again encountered NOT RESPONDING.

I have worked already through ACTDIAG to repair & reindex the original database.  What else can I do?  It seems as though at this point, the database itself is corrupt.  Prior to any problems, I was working in the database just fine -- I went to open it on Friday morning, and that was the first NOT RESPONDING I experienced.

Desperation is closing in......

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have the same problem except my version is 10.1.199 and it ceases to respond each morning and I have to restart my computer. I turned my firewall off completely but has no effect. Tried to call tech support but unless I wanted to pay $199 to solve defect in their program I could talk to no one. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Wonder if reinstalling program would help.

Content removed.  Please post content relevent to thread topic

Message Edited by ghollister on 08-04-2008 09:34 AM