Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updated from dsl to verizon fios

Updated from dsl to verizon fios

We recently upgraded from dsl to fios and now Act (version 2009) 11.0 will not work with outlook express.  Is there anything I can do to get them to work together again?   HELP!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Updated from dsl to verizon fios

Hello Georgine,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Changing your internet provider/connection shouldn't break integration between Act! and Outlook Express.  Act! is talking to Outlook Express, while Outlook Express is the program actually sending the emails.

Is Act! still set up to use Outlook Express through the Tools > Preferences > Email tab?

Can you describe what is/isn't happening? 

Any error messages given?

Can you send an email directly through Outlook Express?

Greg Martin
Sage
Silver Contributor

Also, see if the port that your new isp uses to send and receive email is the same as the old one.  Try getting Outlook express to send/receive email without ACT

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

HI Greg , thanks for respond to my cry for help.  I  just went to tools, the preferences and clicked email & I got a big white box with a big red X in the box and naturally it made that noise ( Bass cello "bump"). HELP!!!

what happens, all the time, is that I can't get act to work with other programs. ie: internet explorer, quickbooks, winfax,   sometimes it just shuts down by itself or gives me a white screen ( with the act porgram outline).  In fact,  I had to shut it down and restart it,  in order to be able to get this dialog box to come up.

One time I got an error message  :   Process ID= 0xc2c(3116), thread ID= 0x15e4 (5604)

I regularly check for error messages but I don't usually get them.

Please give me suggestions on how to fix this.

thanks

Georgine

also Greg, yes I can send and email thru Outlook express.

thanks again

Georgine

Dear Jon, I have not changed my isp and I regularly send & receive emails through Outlook express.   thanks

Georgine