Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Update to ACT 10.0.3 and ACT fails to start

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Update to ACT 10.0.3 and ACT fails to start

I just ran the update to 10.0.3 (ACT 10) and I get two errors when I boot the OS (Windows XP) first is can't start the act/outlook process then I get a failure for act process as well. I cannot get into act at all.

Is there a proceedure to cleanup from a failed update? I did back up my data but not my email linkages.

I am dead in the water with no obvious proceedures in the knowledge base or here on the forum.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rleuner
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Re: Update to ACT 10.0.3 and ACT fails to start

Thanks Chuck, sounds like a lot of work. Maybe techsupport could document a proceedure for the recovery.

Off to the phone...

Rick

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem the other day after installing 10.0.3, and ACT! Tech Support helped me fix it.  The problem is with the latest update to Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (Service Pack 1). Check your Add/Remove Programs applet, and you will probably find that you have this service patch on your machine.  Microsoft released it about 2 weeks ago and it has been slowly filtering down through Microsoft automatic update. Tech support had to run through a rather long list of procedures to fix it, which involved removing .net 2.0 and the service pack,  reinstalling the original 2.0 .net (from the dependancies folder of your ACT! CD), uninstalling and reinstalling ACT! 10.0.2 (full install , not the update) after doing some cleanup and a SQL PWD reset. 

I would recommend having tech support do it for you, they have been doing a lot of it lately. 

{Content removed} 

Everything has been fine since they fixed it, and I turned off Microsoft automatic update to keep .NET 2 SP1 from being installed again.

Message Edited by ECSI on 07-30-2008 08:53 AM
Message Edited by ghollister on 08-13-2008 10:53 AM
Best Regards,

Chuck
Solution
Accepted by topic author rleuner
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Tuned Listener

Thanks Chuck, sounds like a lot of work. Maybe techsupport could document a proceedure for the recovery.

Off to the phone...

Rick

I had the same problem and totally concur with Chuck, have Tech Support walk you through.
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi;

I have this issue as well and .net 2 sp 1 does not want to let me uninstall it.  I've reverted back and thankfully the previous version is running ok for me.  I have NO TIME to sit on the phone waiting for tech support.

Are ACT tech's developing a step by step guide for this problem {content removed}?

Thanks.

Willard.

Message Edited by ghollister on 08-13-2008 10:53 AM

Willard,

I will send this over to the knowledge base team to see if we can get an article explaining the process.

Thank you.

Copper Super Contributor

Excellent - thanks.
Copper Super Contributor

Has there been any progress on this issue?  I see nothing about these errors in the knowledgebase.

Will uninstalling ACT and re-installing the 10.0.3 installer (rather than the update) solve my problem?

Platinum Elite Contributor

There's a very good chance that it will resolve your problems, especially if you previously ran the update from 10.0.0 or 10.0.1.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

I tried twice to update from 10.0.2.191.