Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Update contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Update contacts

Hi

We use ACT and Sage Line 50. Please can someone let me know the best to add a new customer? I dont know whether i should add to Line 50 or ACT first and then how does either program know to copy details over so they both have the same new customer!

I look forward to your reply!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Premier Office
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Update contacts

Install Sage's Accounting Link (depending on the versions of Sage 50 and ACT!) and then enter the contact within ACT! and run the Accounting Link to create the customer in Sage 50. This way will mean that only those contacts within ACT! that are REAL customers are brought through into Sage 50.

Regards

Rob Thomas

0845 8800767

www.harleygrove.co.uk

www.twitter.com/harleygrove

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Premier Office
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Install Sage's Accounting Link (depending on the versions of Sage 50 and ACT!) and then enter the contact within ACT! and run the Accounting Link to create the customer in Sage 50. This way will mean that only those contacts within ACT! that are REAL customers are brought through into Sage 50.

Regards

Rob Thomas

0845 8800767

www.harleygrove.co.uk

The accounting link is already set up, so i clicked the 'update linked contacts' then one way ACt to Sage accounting, but it has not taken the customer from ACT to Line 50. What am i doing wrong?

Hi there. Unfortunately, I haven't got the Accounting Link set up on my laptop (I am out of my office at the moment) but there is an option to link contacts within the Accounting Link menu from within ACT!

The reason why the contacts have not been brought across is because you have tried to UPDATE the linked contacts. When first starting to use the Accounting Link, you would not have any linked contacts.

Hope that this helps.

Rob Thomas

www.harleygrove.co.uk