Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Update Notice Not Interactive

Bronze Contributor

Update Notice Not Interactive

I checked for updated and found there was one, but the "click here" message is not interactive.

product update.JPG

Nothing happens. 

I reported this on the last update.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Administrator

Re: Update Notice Not Interactive

Hi John,

What build of Act! are you seeing this issue on?
Bronze Contributor

In About: 18.2.53.0 Update 5.

This has been an on-going issue for more than a year.  I believe I posted the same issue a long time ago.  I had not re-posted the issue since I know it take time to get into a project and fixed.

John Purdy
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Administrator

Hi John,

We haven't seen this behaviour before on our environments. Can you tell me what Windows user level and Act! user level you are currently logged in as?
Do you have Windows UAC enabled?
Have you seen this behaviour on any other PCs, or Windows user profiles?
Bronze Contributor

Windows 10 Professional, Admin

ACT single user, Admin and log in as admin.  To be on the safe side, I double checked to confirm I login as admin, and the "Run as Admin" box is checked on the ACT Icon properties in the task bar.

Hope that helps.

If you haven't seen it, then I have to assume there is something in the background from letting that happen as this is a company owned computer giving the user admin rights.  But I always assume there are other things in the background that I'm not aware of. 

John Purdy
Administrator

It could be something like antivirus or firewall blocking the action from completing. I'll make a note test a few things after v19.2 is released so I can easily trigger the popup.