Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Update Linked Fields

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Update Linked Fields

I have created a free addon program that will update all linked contacts from the company fields.

You can use it after an import of company field information, or on a regular basis.

After an import of company information, the linked contact fields will be updated.

You can download it here.

Thanks,
Inge van Gemert
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Netherlands
inge@inkey.net
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

I have used Inge's product and it works! I had 26,000 plus Companies linked to 32,000 plus Contacts. I have about 15 customized fields in addition to name address etc. This processed all of them at a pace of around 4500 records per hour

I have put in a enhancement request as ACT should include this feature in the system. I can see where people will add fields after initial set up and this creates a problem if you need to link the  Company fields to Contact fields!

His contact information is: 

Inge van Gemert
inge@inkey.net

INKEY automatisering
026 4461865
http://www.inkey.net
http://www.actaddons.nl
http://www.actforum.nl

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

No - if you are doing large scale work on an existing database, it would be helpful if all the companies would update at once.  I'm doing changes to about 300 companies and I'll have to update the links one by one. 
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Fantastic Add-on. Worked a treat and first time.

Highlighted

inkey, I found your post by way of having the issue you solved with the addon. I added 5 new fields for all my companies and linked them to contact fields with the same names. However, in order to update the contacts I have to open each company and click on the update button; this task would take me weeks, with 14,000 companies and 67,000 contacts.

I tried your addon and recieved an error message. I'm using ACT 2012. Does the application you posted work with ACT 2012?

I attempted to run the application with ACT running and turned off. I have no password on my Database so I know that can't be the problem. 

Any advice? thanks -Joseph

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

The version for Act!2012 and Act!2013 is at my website download zip, right mouse button on the zip file and choose properties. Click Unblock button. Then unzip and run.

Thanks,
Inge van Gemert
The Netherlands
inge@inkey.net
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Inkey, you sir are a god among men. I am sick of every single intuitive function of this software, which should be in built and out of the box, only being available through paid add-ons.