Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Update Linked Fields

Update Linked Fields

Is there a way to update Linked Fields for all records at one time?  I am using ACT! 2007 and have created a link between a field in company records and a field in contact records and manually updating the link is very time consuming when you have to do it one record at a time...
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Update Linked Fields

If you do it from the Company Record, it will update all Contacts linked to that Company.

Does this help?
ddd

I have exactly the same question but for Act!2008 Premium.
We created after a certain time a field in the contact tab. This contact field is linked to a existing company field.
With 30000 contacts, it should be suitable that from the company-side all those linked fields could be updated in one rush.

How to Update All Contacts:

Important Note:
Data in the Company linked fields takes priority over current data in the Contact record field. If you have data in the Contact linked field and the Company linked field is blank when you update data, the Contact field will be over written with the blank data from the Company field.

1. Launch ACT!.
  2. From the Company view, locate the desired company.
  3. Click the Company menu, and then click Update Linked Contacts.
  4. This will update all contacts that are linked to this company.
Nickel Super Contributor

The  CompanyWizard addon below will do what you need.  Check it out at
http://www.egenconsulting.com/ourproducts.html.  Otherwise we can write this easily for you, you can contact us @ www.rowcol.co.uk

Tom

TDavis wrote:
The  CompanyWizard addon below will do what you need.  Check it out at
http://www.egenconsulting.com/ourproducts.html.  Otherwise we can write this easily for you, you can contact us @ www.rowcol.co.uk

Tom

Tom, I don't think Pat's Company wizard updates the linked Contacts from multiple Company records ... at least according to the info on the web
Nickel Super Contributor

I didn't think so either but he posted in the ACC newsgroups the other day that it did.

Tom

Pat is a "she" :-)

Well, if there's a trial, I guess the user could test it
Nickel Super Contributor

Lol my bad, thats what happens when you only talk to people online Smiley Happy

Tom

TDavis wrote:
Lol my bad, thats what happens when you only talk to people online Smiley Happy

Tom

Hehehe.... I remember when I first visited an ACC Conference, the US guys there (symantec and CCs) thought I would look like a little computer geek with pens in a pocket protector, etc who didn't leave the computer. They got a shock when I turned up... I used to play Rugby Union (full-back, flanker and prop at different times) :-)