Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Unusable database after updating from Act!7 to Act!9, repair and maintenance fails

Accepted Solution Solved
New Member
Posts: 2
Country: Germany
Accepted Solution

Unusable database after updating from Act!7 to Act!9, repair and maintenance fails

After updating Act! 7 auf Act! 9 (including the update to NET2.0 and MS SQL Server 2005, and including updating the database itself) Act!9 (Version 9.0.1.162) is refusing to operate with my database.

 

 "Error retrieving a list of Activity Instances for the specified Accessors: Possible index corruption detected. Run DBCC CHECKDB"

 

A try to fix the database from the "tools" menu gives new error messages. After locking the database for repair, it says 

 "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

 

leaving no other option to me than closing Act! and again unlocking the database. I can open it but not really work with it.

 

Ho would I apply the Run DBCC CHECKDB to my database?

 

It seems that i am the victim of what is described here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923247/en-us/

 

meaning that SQL 2005 cannot operate with something in my database that SQL 2000 was well able to handle..

 

But I am not a SQL expert, and I do not know even where to put the "Run DBCC CHECKDB"

 

Meanwhile I have reinstalled Act!7 and SQL 2000 - and I am able to work with the same database (a Act!7-Backup of it).

 

But I've bought Act!9 and cannot use it!


Any help is highly appreciated - I am also willing to provide the database to anybody who can handle the repair of it!

 

Though I am living in Germany I am using the English Act! version.

 

Sincerely qours,

Ulli Schauen


Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author actor
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
New Member
Posts: 2
Country: Germany

Problem solved, it seems

I was able to repair the database myself with the help of the tool "actdiag" which is installed along with Act!9 on my PC (which I was not aware of).

It is to be startet from the "run" command line of Windows XP.

 

 I simply used any option the tool offered me - rightclicking: repair, reindex, database rebuild (all suboptions), and database fixes (all uboptions).

 

Afterwards the  database was usable for my new Act! version.

 

Thanks for reading this, hope it may be of use to others.

Ulli

 

View solution in original post


All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author actor
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
New Member
Posts: 2
Country: Germany

Problem solved, it seems

I was able to repair the database myself with the help of the tool "actdiag" which is installed along with Act!9 on my PC (which I was not aware of).

It is to be startet from the "run" command line of Windows XP.

 

 I simply used any option the tool offered me - rightclicking: repair, reindex, database rebuild (all suboptions), and database fixes (all uboptions).

 

Afterwards the  database was usable for my new Act! version.

 

Thanks for reading this, hope it may be of use to others.

Ulli

 

Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 126
Country: USA

Re: Unusable database after updating from Act!7 to Act!9, repair and maintenance fails

[ Edited ]

On 10.0.3hf 1 I noticed a simular error

Error retrieving a list of Activity Instances for the specified Accessors: Error Occourred

 

This was caused by an alarm issue. By clearing alarms we might be able to resolve the issue.

Message Edited by actangel on 08-06-2009 02:33 PM
Scott Lahn
Sage ACT! Customer Support
Copper Elite Contributor
Posts: 126
Country: USA

Re: Unusable database after updating from Act!7 to Act!9, repair and maintenance fails

To further my response, the above issue was able to solve the above issue by deleting Cleared Activities.
Scott Lahn
Sage ACT! Customer Support