Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unlocking protected fields

Unlocking protected fields

Hello,

I am a brand new user to Sage ACT!  My supervisor set up our database and revised the fields in the start up screen to fit our needs.  Inadvertently the First Name and Last Name fields were locked.   I have full administrative rights but I cannot determine how to unlock these fields.  Would anyone have specific instructions that might help?  The instructions I found on-line do not work for the 2011 version that I have.

Thank you for any assistance you might be able to offer.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unlocking protected fields

[ Edited ]

Hello Deanna,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If a field is locked, then either it has been made a read-only field (by going to Tools > Define Fields > Field Security), or it is a system field. In the case of the First Name and Last Name fields, these are system fields. The data in those fields is derived from parsing the full name entered into the Contact field - the individual name fields cannot be manually entered or edited. To change the data in either field, you would need to change it in the Contact name field.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.