Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Unlock the database?

Employee

Re: Unlock the database?

Can try:

37950 Error: "Cannot open database "databasename" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'sa'." when attempting to reindex an Act! database using Act! Diagnostics v17

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37950/kw/The%20login%20failed.%20Login%20failed%20for%20us...

When I ran 'actdiag' I received the following error message when I selected Databases> Database Detail List

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error an attempt t6o contiu8ne.  If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. 

Cannot open database “SteveRemote” requested by the lignin.  The login failed.  Login failed for user ‘sa’. 

When I selected Database>  Database Names List, I can see the database (SteveRemote).  I am able to right-click the database and see the 'Unlock database' option but I get the same error message as above.

What do I need to do to unlock the database?

I neglected to mention, the suggestion posted on Friday was a fix from inside the ACT program.   I am unable to open ACT because the database is locked.

What next?

Nickel Super Contributor

I would strongly suggest going through support if you're on a current version, or going to database services. In short, your database is probably locked and in suspect or recovery mode in Actdiag. There are a few ways to get around this, but I think support would be the best way to get this resolved.

Are you still having problems?
Billy Clark
E: Billy.Clark@kqc.ca
P: 800-857-0558 x334
Act! Certified Consultant
MaaS Certified Consultant
World’s #1 Act! Reseller!
Keystroke