Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unlink multiple contacts to company

Copper Contributor

Unlink multiple contacts to company

I cannot find a way to do it. I found answers in other posts about creating a lookup of those you want to unlink from a specific company, then go to the "companies" in the main menu and hitting "unlink

Well i cant find ANY "Company" tab in the lookup view. Obviously, in Lookup view it is only contact view. Have looked all over. Any ideas or is thee something not so obvious here?

MANY Thanks

Nickel Contributor

Re: Unlink multiple contacts to company

Go to the Contact Listview, select multiple contacts then go to the Contacts menu and select Unlink from Company...

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms
Copper Contributor

Gilles, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, i see no such option for unlink whe going to listview or contactlist after doing a lookup or slecting multiple contacts. Could you be more specific? I have 10 years of ACT experiance, so it isnt like i dont know my way around...it is killing me...thannks

Nickel Contributor

Under the Contacts menu, second before last menu item.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms
Copper Contributor

Ahhh, but it is grayed out. I am the administrator too...any ideas?

Copper Contributor

Mine's grayed out as well.
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you trying to unlink the contacts, but retain them as members of the company? Or remove them as members as well? Also, what version/build of ACT! are you using (from Help/About ACT!)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Greg- (thank you). I am running 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2. I am trying to remove contacts from being linked to the company. I dont care if they are also removed from company memberships as that is easy to add back in if i need to.

The situation is, that in some prior build of Act, I seemed to have a preferences issue where the preferences defaulted to link people to companies automatically, and I have too many irrelvant contacts linked to companies. This causes lack of productivity. So I need to go through my companies list and unlink alot of contact and dont want to do it one by one. Adding them back by group / company membership is easy in batches.

Separate issue, just now seeing that even though i have prefernces set to not link contacts to companies, it is doing so anyway. Very frustrating!!! Any ideas?